Since leaving Instagram, I’ve relied on my mom to keep me up on all the fun things in my city. When she told me about a store at Galleria Dallas selling all things lavender, I knew I had to check it out.
Pelindaba Lavender is an all-things lavender franchise store and product gallery that opened in November 2021, its first retail location in the South. The lavender fields, Gatehouse Farm Store, and Visitor Center opened to the public 20 years ago. Since then, Pelindaba Lavender has cultivated lavender, handcrafted lavender products, and shared the lavender love with obsessed folks like me. Head over to the Web site to learn more about their backstory and products and to see a complete listing of locations.
Pelindaba — “A Place of Great Gatherings”
Just yes. Walking into the store was an experience in itself. I felt like I had entered my very own lavender oasis, and if it weren’t for Aevrie’s opportunistic fingers, I would have stayed much longer. It was hard to decide what to purchase, but I decided on the Lavender Petal Collection and the Organic Lavender Hydrosol.
The Lavender Petal Collection consists of a body mist, lotion, dark chocolate, and castile soap. I gifted the collection to my mom and held on to the organic hydrosol, a product I mentioned in a previous post that I purchased to keep Texas’ critters at bay. For the past couple of weeks, I’ve sprayed Pelindaba Lavender’s Organic Lavender Hydrosol along the baseboards of my apartment and used it as a fruit and vegetable wash and a natural kitchen cleaner. The spiders, earwigs, and beetles that used to walk on in from outside seem to uninvite themselves after getting a whiff of this stuff because I haven’t had many visitors since using it.
Benefits of Organic Lavender Hydrosol
I knew the gist of lavender’s therapeutic benefits, but I was thrilled to receive a brochure breaking down the uses and benefits of Pelindaba Lavender’s Organic Lavender Hydrosol. The uses are “based on the all-natural, fragrant, calming, anti-microbial, oil solvent, grease-cutting, insect repellant, and topical anesthetic properties of lavender.”
Personal Care & Therapy
- Promotes rapid healing of skin abrasions and cuts
- Helps calm and soothe sun or windburn
- Helps soothe the itching associated with dry, aging, or eczema-prone skin
- Works as a natural deodorant spray
- Helps calm irritable infants when sprayed in a room or car
- A helpful addition to baby baths or wet wipes, or as a diaper rash preventative
- A safe fruit and vegetable wash
- An all-natural household surface cleaner
- A refreshing daily shower spray to prevent mildew
- A non-abrasive jewelry cleaner
- Discourages common household insects (flies, fruit flies, spiders, ants, etc.)
- An effective plant spray for both indoor and outdoor plants
I’m so glad I stopped in. Pelindaba Lavender’s Organic Hydrosol, or floral water, is steam distilled on its San Juan Island, Washington, farm. It is certified organic, additive-free, and oh-so versatile. Have you ever used organic lavender hydrosol? Share your experience in the comments!
Visit PelindabaLavender.com to learn more!